Wednesday, September 8, 2010

As the Time Ticks Away

  1. My hands push the time around the clock
  2. The whiskers are tickling numbers as they move around the face
  3. I'm pitching a fastball as my hands turn quickly in a circle
  4. My hands are playing the piano as they move around the outer edge
  5. Blotches of black and white on the art palette
  6. It tells not just the time but the age of myself
  7. The day it dies is when I take out the plug, but it is born again when it meets the outlet
  8. The glass is there to protect the face if any harm comes
  9. Alerting me to the seconds going by
  10. A flattened ball i ran over yesterday
  11. I ask myself where has the day gone?
  12. As the sun reflects off the clock and onto my face it tells me the day is almost done

1 comment:

Ms. Daniel said...

Katie -- I just love the wonderful images you created in this poem.

Ms. D.