Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy New Year!

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" That was the greeting that I heard the principal give to a very cute first grader today, and it really is true -- this is the beginning of our new year together. It was a full day as we met one another and started to get acquainted; a day to put away supplies and organize lockers and begin to learn new routines and customs.
I really enjoyed meeting my new classes. Each student seems kind and gentle and interesting. I can't wait to see where the year will take us all as we work and grow together. The weather was kind as well -- cooler than it has been the last few weeks. The new ceiling fans, installed in my room during the summer, kept the air moving and the sunlight filtered so that we stayed pretty comfortable throughout the day. All good. We'll reconvene again tomorrow and dive headlong into new ideas and new things to learn.
Happy new year, indeed.

No comments: