Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Getting Ready for a New Year

I have been working to begin preparing the classroom for the start of the school year. Room 204 is beginning to take shape: the bulletin boards are up, and the desks are all arranged. I have new student "mailboxes" that look great. I've got some "name statistics" pages -- one for each student -- that I'll get hung up in the next couple of days. Probably tomorrow, I'll begin working to set out the textbooks for my classes. There's a lot to do, but I am excited about starting a new year. I am looking forward to getting to really know this new group of 6th grade students. I've talked with so many of these students in the halls and on the playground, but now we get to really learn about one another, and begin a year of growth and learning. I am anxious to get going.

No comments: