Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sky Things

Yesterday, Helen forwarded me an email that told of an amazing astronomical event that would happen in August. According to the email, the planet Mars will be much closer to the Earth than is normal, and so will appear very large in the nightime sky. The message came complete with a pretty neat slide show that got me all excited. I know that many of you received the same email. Then, I did some research and discovered that it was really a "recycled" email from 2003 when this close orbit really did happen. Bummer! Then I thought that maybe I could find out about some other amazing things to share with you -- a way to kind of make up for the disappointment. So, here you go: a really cool website about some of the amazing things that DO happen in the sky. Enjoy!

No comments: